Five things you probably don’t know about me if you only know me from this blog:
1. I am research nerd. I love research. LOVE. My proudest moment in college was accepting the 2nd place Psi Chi regional award for research a friend and I did on alexithymia and self-injurious behaviours.
2. I love to climb things. You would think that falling out of a tree and nearly getting a concussion as a six-year-old would have stopped me, but unfortunately for my parents’ blood pressures, it did not. I continue to climb trees, abandoned bridges, and large rock faces.
3. I love the outdoors. Few places make me happier than the woods. As a child, I spent hours upon hours exploring the acres of woods behind my house. Sometimes, this was intentional. Sometimes, I just got lost.
4. Any time my friends and I get together, you can bet there will be jumping pictures involved.
5. I was probably the cutest child in the history of history.
Sometimes, I forget that I’m more than just a cluster of symptoms that is best summed up as “eating disorder.” The past few days, I’ve had opportunities to be reminded who I am outside of that. I thought you might like to come along for the journey as I continue to rediscover who I am.
What are five things that I don’t know about you, friends?