Because something about writing them down makes me more likely to achieve them, here are my goals for the week:
1. Buy cheese. (It’s true, I still have not added this to my meal plan. Every time I’ve been to the grocery store this past week, I’ve spent an inordinate amount of time staring at cheese. 7 minutes or more, at least. Looking at nutrition facts, debating which I should buy. Which is ridiculous, given that my nutritionist told me EXACTLY which cheese to buy.)
2. Speak up in group tonight.
3. Spend 10 minutes a day meditating on John 16:33. (I can’t get it out of my mind. It keeps coming back again and again.)
4. Say the words I have been so reluctant to say for months: “I have an eating disorder.” Out loud. Preferably to another person. (And maybe write a blog about why this is so difficult.)
5. Eat one thing that I really want. Not just something that’s on my safe list.
6. Discuss with my nutritionist the possibility of trashing my scale and letting her be the know-er of my weight. (Did I really just say that?!)
7. At least once this week, complete this meal plan challenge: Eat everything on the meal plan. Don’t write down the calories of everything next to the entry in the food log. Don’t total the day’s calories. Don’t run more than 3 miles to alleviate the anxiety that this will cause. Trust the nutritionist.
Should be an interesting week. :)